[Zope3-Users] ZopeX3 Component Architecture in comparision to MVC - general question/example

Jean-Marc Orliaguet jmo at ita.chalmers.se
Tue Feb 28 10:37:27 EST 2006

Reinhold Strobl wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I know from http://philikon.de/files/zope3-for-zope2-developers.pdf that ZopeX3
>Component Architecture is more/differs than/to Model-View-Controller.
>
>Model = Content in Zope
>View = Views in Zope
>
>but what about the controller? Where should I place the application logic? I
>mean, I will explain my problem with a example.

Hi,
the zope3 "views" are both the "View" and the "Controller" in MVC . The
controller part of MVC is delegated to views using request/response pattern.

concerning the model, the storage used by the model needs not be
persisted on the server. A model can store information in RAM or in a
cookie, ...

cheers
/JM