[Zope3-Users] Which packages to remove from etc/package-includes

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Jan 3 08:45:00 EST 2006

On Sunday 25 December 2005 06:51, Douglas Douglas wrote:
> Is this issue important or there's no real difference in how many packages
> get included on start?

You are right, the fewer ZCML files you read, the faster it starts. First of
all, to have a more minimal set of files read, use the release, since it
excludes several packages. If you do not need/want the developer's mode, then
you can simply turn it off in zope.conf (saves 1 sec in starttime on my
computer). After that you are on your own. I would simply remove one file at
a time and see what happens (in fact, renaming the file prefix is
sufficient).