Viewlets (was Re: [Zope3-Users] using tal to insert zwiki content)

Benji York benji at zope.com
Thu Jan 5 10:54:04 EST 2006

Jeff Shell wrote:
> On 1/4/06, Benji York <benji at zope.com> wrote:
>
>>Jeff Shell wrote:
>>
>>>Viewlets are a new feature in Zope 3.2.
>>
>>They are?  I don't recall it being so (and would prefer it not).
>
> Why not? They're great!

It's not so much a value judgment as a combination of: there was no
proposal (that I could find), it's relatively new and unused code, I
would prefer Z3 move into more of a "core + the packages you want" model
  which is contradicted by "include everything good in the core".

But I'm not too worried about it.  I wasn't going to say anything else
about it mostly because you had written about it in your blog and I
don't want to invalidate what little good advocacy has been done lately.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer