[Zope3-Users] Hidden Processes Zope3?

Anthony Wilson aw at mail.barrienet.com
Sat Jan 7 15:42:15 EST 2006

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 21:08:50 +0100, Lennart Regebro wrote
> On 1/7/06, Anthony Wilson <aw at mail.barrienet.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using Zope-3.1.0 and I noticed that whenever I am running the
server
> > there are 6 processes hidden from my ps command.  I downloaded and
installed
> > zope-3.2.0b2 and I noticed that now there are 4 processes hidden from my
ps
> > command.  This only happens whenever the zope server is running.
> >
> > I tried turning off the FTP server and others to see if this makes a
> > difference but it dosen't.  Does anyone else notice this?  I use
chkrootkit
> > to check for hidden processes, available from http://www.chkrootkit.org
>
> Could these "hidden" processes be threads?

Dunno.  That would be strange though since I do have other threaded
processes running and I don't get any of these processes hidden from the ps
command.  I am not implying though that there is something wrong, I am just
curious and so I should be.

Anthony Wilson,
Barrie Networks Inc.
Tel: (705) 739-5801             Fax: (705) 739-4482
email: aw at barrienet.com