[Zope3-Users] Zope 3, Windows----Installation ?

adsheehan at eircom.net adsheehan at eircom.net
Mon Jan 9 12:53:14 EST 2006

Hello,

Familiar with Python and now keen to use Zope for dynamic websites.

I am operating under Windows XP with Python 2.4.2.

I have downloaded and run the Zope 3 Windows Installer - it seems to complete fine (basically a large compile job).

Unfortunately, I cannot find instructions to start Zope and begin learning/developing with it. Have I missed a step?

Also, the Zope Book (2) describes the install process differently e.g. Site, Security etc options.

Is Zope 3 ready for general use? Does it have further docs? Should I retreat back to Zope 2 on Windows ?

Thanks for helping.