[Zope3-Users] Re: Seeking Zope 3 Equivalent to Zope 2 "LocalFS"

Michael Haubenwallner michael at d2m.at
Tue Jan 17 07:20:52 EST 2006

Jeff Rush wrote:
> In my Zope 3 application I need to expose an underlying directory tree
> via a portion of the URL space, to receive images via FTP and then to
> serve them via URL (along with some special upon-arrival processing I
> won't bore you with).
>
> Basically is there any portion of Zope 3 that already has this
> capability, of providing IFolder but sending file I/O requests into the
> underlying filesystem?
>
> The Resource directive exposes a single file, say a .CSS or favicon.png,
> but I'm not seeing that it can expose an entire directory tree.
>
> -Jeff

The browser:resourceDirectory works for me, here is eg. the
'configure.zcml' of a package that just holds files and folders::

   <configure
       xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope"
       xmlns:browser="http://namespaces.zope.org/browser"
       i18n_domain="zope"

   <browser:resourceDirectory
     directory="."
     name="staticfolder"
     />

   </configure>

zope.app.publisher.browser.directoryresource has a mapping of
file-extensions to resource_factories.

Michael

--
http://zope.org/Members/d2m