[Zope3-Users] Re: generations and utilities

Paolo Invernizzi arathorn at fastwebnet.it
Tue Jan 31 12:53:14 EST 2006

Gary Poster wrote:

> Heh, ok, I'll try just one more one-second diagnosis then. ;-)

:-P

> Are you setting the site?
>
> old_site = zope.app.component.hooks.getSite()
> zope.app.component.hooks.setSite(object)
> try:
>     # ...add the utilities and indexes in here...
> finally:
>     zope.app.component.hooks.setSite(old_site)

Bingo! Index added, articles added and indexed properly!

I was thinking that the site was already set, as I have no
subfolders-sites (I don't provide for now an ISite implementation).
I'm using the global root site!

Infact the::

   old_site = zope.app.component.hooks.getSite()

returns None!

Thank you very much Gary!

---
Paolo