[Zope3-Users] searching and relations

Darryl Cousins darryl at darrylcousins.net.nz
Sun Jul 23 04:12:16 EDT 2006

Gary Poster wrote:
> If the relationship is intrinsic to one object's data model but not
> to the other's, then it makes sense to have a Python pointer on the
> first object.

Hi Gary,

Am I right that 'a Python pointer on the first object' is defined by
simply defining the schema field, eg::

	mypointer = Object(
			title="Pointer to object",
			schema=IInterfaceOfTheTarget)

Then everything else will fall into place. I could even use formlib to
edit the object being pointed to from within a form editing the 'first
object'.

The second object would not even know it is pointed to. For it to know I
would need to use a relationship as you go on to discuss.

Have a correctly understood?

Regards,
Darryl