[Zope3-Users] AJAX (was Uploading files)

Marco Mariani marco at sferacarta.com
Thu Jun 1 09:36:59 EDT 2006

Stephan Richter wrote:

>> Just curious... what is it about AJAX that you hate? The implementation?
>> The concept? Something else?
>
> About everything. JS has no good development tools, it is impossible to do
> decent debugging and testing. (No, I do not consider the browser-based
> debugger and Selenium acceptable development environments.)

Please take into account that the next Gecko release (Firefox 3.0) will
have agnostic DOM support, with python and friends.
And for some markets, having one supported browser is enough.

But I guess future zope releases/modules won't make it any more
difficult to have "exotic" front-ends, be it ajax, xul,
the-ms-alternative-to-xul or xforms. Somebody would just write a formlib
look-a-like.