[Zope3-Users] Re: Question about "ForbiddenAttribute"...

Thierry FLORAC tflorac at ulthar.net
Wed Jun 14 03:59:04 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 08:28 +0200, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> As said above, 'result' will be security proxied. Security proxies for
> lists only allow methods that don't change the lists. result.sort()
> would change it. Hence it's forbidden.
>
> An easy workaround is to use sorted():
>
>   result = IGalleryFolder(self.context).getImages()
>   return sorted(result, cmp=...)
>
> Note that using 'cmp' is very slow. It's much faster to use 'key':
>
>   result = IGalleryFolder(self.context).getImages()
>   return sorted(result, key=lambda x: IGalleryPhoto(x).name)

Tried this, but it doesn't work because of another ForbiddenAttribute
error :

  File ".../gallery/browser/folder.py", line 39, in getImages
    return sorted(result, key=lambda x: IGalleryPhoto(x).name)
  File ".../gallery/browser/folder.py", line 39, in <lambda>
    return sorted(result, key=lambda x: IGalleryPhoto(x).name)
ForbiddenAttribute: ('name', <gallery.photo.GalleryPhoto object at
0xa5bc46ac>)

As said before, 'IGalleryPhoto' (implemented by GalleryPhoto) is
provided in the "allowed_interface" attribute of my ZCML's view page
definition...

Thierry

believed to be clean.