[Zope3-Users] Re: Splitting ZODB ?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Jun 21 16:14:00 EDT 2006

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
>
>>Zope 3 doesn't support mounting, but the same functionality
>>is mostly trivially obtained using the ZODB multi-database APIs.
>

> Well, ok, then mounting support could a nice sprint topic :)

Maybe, I'm not really sure it is necessary.

Now you can just grab an object from one database
and assign it as an attribute value of an object in another
database.

Much of the value of the Zope 3 mounting code
was in getting around the limitation that cross-database
object references weren't supported.

BTW, it might be nice to start thinking about having
some Foundation sprints. :)

Jim