[Zope3-Users] Trouble with browser sign on

Daniel Roberson droberson at robertdaniels.net
Thu Jun 22 18:24:04 EDT 2006

After installing zope and python, I then changed to scripts directory.
I then ran mkzopeinstance and created the
instance.  I had to tell it the instance directory to create and a
username and password.  It then asked if
I wanted the password in text or encrypted format.  I selected number 2
encrypted option.

When I when to the browser the entered the http://localhost:8080/manage
command it popped open the
username and password dialog box.  I enter the correct username and
password but it would not log me on.

I repeated the whole mkzopeinstance process but this time select a plain
text password option number 1.

Then I was able to log in.

What do I need to do to be able to use an encrypted password with a
browser????