[Zope3-Users] Re: zodb objects backup

Laurence Rowe l at lrowe.co.uk
Wed Mar 1 18:06:22 EST 2006

Hi,

Under Zope 2 I use repozo (and rsync) to incrementally back up the
Data.fs to provide a 'warm' backup, If you can live with losing perhaps
10 minutes worth of data it's a nice and simple solution. repozo.py is
a zodb file storage level tool so should work fine with zope 3.

Ensuring that every transaction is replicated is more difficult, Zope
Corp's ZRS does it, but was uneconomic for my use case. It's a tricky
problem to solve efficiently - any solution will incur a write
performance hit. One day I hope to be able to put PGStorage to the test,
  but even in postgres-land there appear to be many projects providing
replication functionality, perhaps a testament to the tradeoffs required.

Regards,

Laurence