[Zope3-Users] How to create/remove content objects in Application Code

Darryl Cousins darryl at darrylcousins.net.nz
Thu Mar 2 05:32:58 EST 2006

Hi Reinhold,

schoolbell.app.browser.cvsimport.py

and I use the following:

def addObject(container, name, factory, **kwargs):
    """Creates and add object to container"""

    # precondition may be necessary

    content = removeAllProxies(zapi.createObject(factory,**kwargs))
    notify(ObjectCreatedEvent(content))

    checkObject(container, name, content)

    chooser = INameChooser(container)
    if IContainerNamesContainer.providedBy(container):
        # The container picks its own names.
        # We need to ask it to pick one.
        if not name:
            name = chooser.chooseName(u'', content)