[Zope3-Users] ZODB - ways of storages?

Reinhold Strobl reinhold.strobl at gmx.net
Fri Mar 3 05:48:03 EST 2006

Hi,

in the book "Web component development with ZopeX3" by Philipp von Weitershausen
on page 72 I find the following statement:

"The ZODB can store persistency data in many ways. The most common storage is
FileStorage which stores data in a file usally called Data.fs By using a
different storage backend, you can choose where and how you would like to store
persistent objects. ZODB even supports a network storage system calles ZEO...."

So I expect, ZODB is only a front-end for different ways of storage like file,
oracle db, isn't it?
If yes, I would like not to change the code (of persistent class) to change to
another storage way, is that correct?

Thanks a lot!