[Zope3-Users] Re: Creating objects in software space when making site

Andreas Elvers andreas at work.de
Sat Mar 11 08:32:34 EST 2006

Michael Howitz wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 07.03.2006, 09:06 -0700 schrieb Jeff Shell:
> [...]
>>     # Get the default registration
>>     default = context.getSiteManager()['default']
>>     reg_manager = default.registrationManager
>>
>>     if 'intid' not in default:
>>         # There's a shorter way to do this, but I can never remember what it is
>>         intid = IntIds()
>>         default['intid'] = intid
>>         intids_reg = UtilityRegistration('', IIntIds, intid)
>>         reg_manager.addRegistration(intids_reg)
>>         intids_reg.status = ActiveStatus
>
> The shorter way is:
> zope.app.appsetup.bootstrap.ensureUtility(
>                        context, IIntIds, '', IntIds, copy_to_zlog=False)

nice :-)

The event driven initialization is probably the best way to go. I tried
the same with tiks.initializer (from
http://svn.tiks.org/svn/repos/tiks.initializer/trunk) under zope3.1. I
had problems to get it to work, so I switched to the view based
initialization. Have to retry it though.

- Andreas