[Zope3-Users] Problem with SetIndex (from zc.catalog)

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Mon Mar 20 17:37:31 EST 2006

On Mar 20, 2006, at 5:14 PM, Thierry FLORAC wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 10:16 -0500, Stephan Richter wrote:
>> On Wednesday 15 March 2006 17:45, Thierry FLORAC wrote:
>>>         TraversalError: (<zc.catalog.catalogindex.SetIndex object at
>>> 0xb46bfd2c>, 'documentCount')
>>>

>>> "documentCount" seems to be defined into the "SetIndex" class, so I
>>> don't understand this error...

[...]

> But I'm just trying to use a "simple" (not subclassed) SetIndex, and
> then to access my catalog "Advanced" management page...!
> I don't build any specific template for this.
>
> Should I build any specific SetIndex subclass ? Or define a specific
> template ??

Thierry, try adding the following to zc.catalog's configure.zcml
(this is for all four of the zope.app.catalog-aware indexes).

   <content class=".catalogindex.ValueIndex">
     <require
         permission="zope.ManageServices"
         interface="zope.app.catalog.interfaces.IAttributeIndex
                    zope.index.interfaces.IStatistics
                   "
         set_schema="zope.app.catalog.interfaces.IAttributeIndex"
         />
   </content>

   <content class=".catalogindex.SetIndex">
     <require
         permission="zope.ManageServices"
         interface="zope.app.catalog.interfaces.IAttributeIndex
                    zope.index.interfaces.IStatistics
                   "
         set_schema="zope.app.catalog.interfaces.IAttributeIndex"
         />
   </content>

   <content class=".catalogindex.DateTimeValueIndex">
     <require
         permission="zope.ManageServices"
         interface="zope.app.catalog.interfaces.IAttributeIndex
                    zope.index.interfaces.IStatistics
                   "
         set_schema="zope.app.catalog.interfaces.IAttributeIndex"
         />
   </content>

   <content class=".catalogindex.DateTimeSetIndex">
     <require
         permission="zope.ManageServices"
         interface="zope.app.catalog.interfaces.IAttributeIndex
                    zope.index.interfaces.IStatistics
                   "
         set_schema="zope.app.catalog.interfaces.IAttributeIndex"
         />
   </content>

Then give it a try.  (This only works if you are using the indexes I
listed, but you probably get the idea.)  If this helps, we should
check it in.

Gary