[Zope3-Users] Problem with SetIndex (from zc.catalog)

Thierry FLORAC tflorac at ulthar.net
Tue Mar 21 17:21:08 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 11:25 -0500, Gary Poster wrote:
> Ah yes, my recommendation was made too quickly.  The last two should
> not have been there.  This third stanza would do the trick.
>
>     <content class=".catalogindex.NormalizationWrapper">
>       <require
>           permission="zope.ManageServices"
>           interface="zope.app.catalog.interfaces.IAttributeIndex
>                      zope.index.interfaces.IStatistics"
>           set_schema="zope.app.catalog.interfaces.IAttributeIndex"
>           />
>     </content>
>
> I made this change in svn.

I got the last version of zc.catalog from SVN.
This update is OK : Zope start is now fine !
But I couldn't test this code deeply because I didn't use any of these
indexes until now (but I could probably in a few days if you need more
tests).

> > After removing this modification for the two last indexes, I can
> > access catalog's "advanced" management screen without error, but
> > information is not really fine : on a SetIndex for example, "Document
> > Count" and "Word Count" columns are displayed as "<security proxied
> > BTrees.Length.Length instance at 0xb4dc052c>" instead of their numeric
> > values...
>
> Right, then it needed a declaration for
> BTrees.Length.Length.__call__.  This is in svn now too.
>
> Try getting rid of your changes and getting the new version from
> svn.  It should do what you want.

Sorry, but this update doesn't work : it's always the "representation"
of the method which is printed, and not the result of it's call :-(

  Thierry

believed to be clean.