[Zope3-Users] Newbie question...

Thierry FLORAC tflorac at ulthar.net
Tue Mar 21 18:47:18 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 17:59 -0500, Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 March 2006 17:39, Thierry FLORAC wrote:
> >     class IPhotoStorage:
>
> Well, this needs to inherit Interface.

Of course it is !
I just forgot to put the correct syntax for this inheritance in my
post... :-(

> >     class PhotoStorage:
>
> try to make this a new-style class:
>
> class PhotoStorage(object)
>
> Let me know what the outcome was.

Well, hum, how could I say that ?
Ho, probably just : "It's amazing, but it works !"
Except if I forgot something (I did so many tries to make this
working...), I just "rolled back" to the previous release of my code,
added the "object" superclass to my adapter, removed my form handler and
switched back my ZCML configuration to the "editform" version of my
form...
Printed traces shows that everything works fine, and introspector show
that my annotations are now updated correctly through my properties...

Of course, I'm not sure to really understand the difference between this
code and the previous one, and why this "object" inheritance is so
important (I've always thought that every Python class was automatically
inheriting from "object").
So any kind of explanation would be really welcome !

Many thanks,

  Thierry

believed to be clean.