[Zope3-Users] building Zope3 on Solaris 10

Damon Register damon.register at comcast.net
Tue May 2 19:34:35 EDT 2006

Kamal Gill wrote:
> I'm not sure if this will help, but here's my build notes from the  Zope
> 3.2.1 OS X Installer (with OSX-specific details removed)...
I gave it a shot

>   ./configure --prefix=/opt/Zope-3.2.1/Python-2.4.3 --with-readline
I did that, substituting the directory I am using

>   make
This is where I still have trouble.  I get the same error I wrote in my
first post on this subject.  I tried putting a few debugging print
statements in

/src/Zope-3.2.1/Support/zpkgsetup/package.py
/src/Zope-3.2.1/Support/zpkgsetup/setup.py

and the result was interesting but I still don't understand what is
the problem.  It seems to be going through a list of dependencies.
The directory where I get the error is
/src/Zope-3.2.1/Dependencies/zope.app.authentication-Zope-3.2.1/zope.app.authentication

I see in that directory is a SETUP.cfg so I looked at it.  I also see
that there is a configure.zcml which seems like it would not match
the *-configure.zcml from the error message.  Just for fun I tried
editing SETUP.cfg and saw it has the string *-configure.zcml so I
changed it to *configure.zcml.  Now the make goes farther than before
but bombs later with the same kind of problem.  I repeated this
process a few times and kept getting farther but I suspect that
I am not really solving the problem.

Even though this is Solaris, I am wondering if my problem is more
generic and I hope that there is someone out there who understands
this and can make sense out of these errors

Damon Register