[Zope3-Users] Re: Problems with ZDC upgrading to Zope 3.3.0b1

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu May 11 10:22:17 EDT 2006

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Thursday 11 May 2006 10:06, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>> On the other hand, it seems that the BBB packages that would guarantee
>> the pickle to be loaded were not included in the release
>> (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope3-dev/603).
>
> This is not enough. You are required to provide BBB *and* generation scripts
> for objects that are referenced in the ZODB

If you tell me how to do it, I'll be happy to. As said, I asked Jim
before and he just said that the object-iteration APIs of ZODB weren't
yet "plumbed through."

I'll also state again that NO persistent class was moved. I'm therefore
not sure if the object-iteration APIs would even help with this problem
as they might only return persistent objects, not arbitrary references
to non-persistent objects.