[Zope3-Users] Add and Edit form

Cliff Ford Cliff.Ford at ed.ac.uk
Fri May 12 17:06:36 EDT 2006

Hi John,

John Smith wrote:
> I am a little unclear into which object I should add the nextURL
> method.
>
> In myclass/browser/configure.zcml I have addMenuItem and addForm
> directives. I have tried adding the nextURL method to the class
> specified in the 'class' parameter of the addForm directive. That
> does not work.

That is where mine is. Here is the addform configuration:

<browser:addform
     label="Add Folder with Index page"
     name="addmontifolder.html"
     schema="zope.app.folder.interfaces.IFolder"
     permission="zope.ManageContent"
     template="addmontifolder.pt"
     class=".addmontifolder.MontiFolder"
     content_factory="zope.app.folder.folder.Folder"
     />

And this is a fragment of the addmontifolder.py file:

class MontiFolder(ViewPage):

     """This class reads the form data and creates a new folder with index
     page and menu. The created folder is actually a standard folder and the
     created page is a standard page template.
     """

     # nextURL is used to determine where to go after making a new object

     def nextURL(self):

Look at your traceback to find out why it does not work.

Cliff