[Zope3-Users] Re: How to distribute distinct components among multiple Zope servers?

Reinhold Strobl reinhold.strobl at gmx.net
Wed May 17 05:46:25 EDT 2006

> Why not using ZeO + two Zope servers in front of it that both provide all
> the functionality? You can put a proxy server (don't forget to switch off
> the cache) in front of them. This proxy server then examines all request's urls
> and forwards them to the server resposible for the requested functionality.
>
> Remember: It's always better to have two identical systems and use it
> differently than to have two different systems.

Consider the followng example: one company has got a Zope application running on
a single server. This applications need the components of e.g. the supplier of
the component running on a different server. So I don't want to mirror both,
because the both companies are more or less independent. So I assume the only
possible is XML-RPC (with its limitations of restricted data types and so on)?

Regards
Reinhold Strobl