[Zope3-Users] how to get zope shutdown event and do some actions at that time?

Shailesh Kumar shaileshk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 01:18:17 EST 2006

Dear zope experts,

In my zope based application, I want to do some periodic actions. I couldn't
find out any timer kind of facility in zope. I was thinking that I could
start a thread in the beginning which would work as a timer and create an
event on periodic basis. Different subscribers to the event would then be
activated which would carry out their piece of work.
I would like to have a clean close up of this thread when zope shuts down.
But I couldn't find out how to do that.
Is there some way to setup some tear down cleanup operations in my
application?

Thanks for your help.

With regards,
-shailesh