[Zope3-Users] Re: how to get zope shutdown event and do some actions at that time?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Nov 8 13:12:37 EST 2006

Shailesh Kumar wrote:
> Thank you Phillip,
>
> Just for curiosity, is this zc.async package always going to be a
> third party or is there any plan of making the package part of
> regular zope distribution?

I don't know of such plans and I would say it's unlikely. It's also
quite irrelevant for the future because Zope 3 will use eggs for its
packaging story so installing eggs will likely be necessary either way,
so installing a few more eggs won't be much of a problem, I'd say.

I don't think the Zope 3 distribution itself will grow much in the
future, most interesting development will probably happen in third party
packages... like in the boom years of Zope 2.