[Zope3-Users] Buildout query

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Fri Nov 24 21:39:08 EST 2006

Hi there. I downloaded documentlibrary to experiment a bit. Though I got
a traceback on zc.recipe.egg during the process, it is is clear to me
the power of buildout - thanks Jim! It also raised a few questions for me:

1. For zope3 recipe, how would one omit certain packages from [zope3]
part of the buildout
2. How could one omit replace a package with a customized version of
same stored in a private svn for [data] part
3. How can one pull from private svn repository for the [instance] part
where you don't have an egg registered with PyPI?

It strikes me that this is great way to package a finished app, and also
try different things out without concern for your system site-packages.
But I am of course interested in sandbox scenario just as much or more
since I am always working with more that a single package at a time that
are in a changing state always. It definitely looks at though I need to
improve my egg lingo due to the different ways of describing eggs :-)
Many thanks.

Regards,
David