[Zope3-Users] custom widgets (IDisplayWidget)

Hassan Alirezaei hassan at isi.imi.i.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Sat Nov 25 13:33:06 EST 2006

Hi Frank. Thanks again!
> No widget is called. Problem is, there's no schema information contained in
> "context/homepage". What the template engine does is basically
>
>  str(context.homepage)

I kinda guessed that from what the browser displays.

Just one last question. if the template just uses str() then what does
the following zcml do????? it is in the standard zope3 distribution
under the zope/app/form/browser/configure.zcml  and I didn't notice any
problem even when i removed it. Is it just some irrelevant piece????

<view
 type="zope.publisher.interfaces.browser.IBrowserRequest"
 for="zope.schema.interfaces.IURI"
 provides="zope.app.form.interfaces.IDisplayWidget"
 factory=".textwidgets.URIDisplayWidget"
 permission="zope.Public"
 />

> 'fbi18n:text' might be doing more than you want. If it detects a search
> engine spider, it presents all language version in separate span-tags (incl.
> lang-attributes). 'fbi18n:simpletext' just includes the best matching
> language version.

This sounds really cool. I am really unfamiliar with namespaces though.
can you please tell me where in fb package (or mpgsite package) you
define this namespace.

Thanks again for the help,
regards,
Hass