[Zope3-Users] Re: SqlAlchemy

catonano adriano at euma.com
Wed Oct 18 12:17:02 EDT 2006

Hi Jurgen,

At 07.52 15/09/2006, you wrote:
>Hi catonano.
>
>As the developer of the z3c.zalchemy package let
>me give you a short introduction to zalchemy :
>[...]

>See also my notes below.
>
>And don't forget to read the README in z3c.zalchemy ;)
>
>Jürgen

sorry for replying so late. I had to take care of
my day job. Thanks SO much for your informative
reply. I was missing the integration with Zope
importance. I read your notes and the readme file.

Now, quickly: what's wrong in the following
session ? (the winner is going to be gratified
with a costant amount of session containing errors for six months ;-) )

AlchemyEngineUtility('tender','mysql:///root@localhost',echo=False)

 >>>listaparti = sqlalchemy.Table('listaparti',
z3c.zalchemy.metadata, autoload = True)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<input>", line 1, in ?
   File "build\bdist.win32\egg\sqlalchemy\schema.py", line 138, in __call__
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'reflecttable'

If I try without the autoload argument, it
doesn't claim anything and gives me the prompt back

 >>>listaparti = sqlalchemy.Table('listaparti', z3c.zalchemy.metadata)

But I'd LOVE it to discover the tables on its own !

Also, I took the "trunk" from the SVN bt I really
don't know what sandbox is and neither "branches"
! And they all were in the "HEAD" revision !

Was I right when I took the trunk one?

Thanks SO much
Bye
Catonano