[Zope3-Users] Re: SqlAlchemy

catonano adriano at euma.com
Wed Oct 18 16:59:33 EDT 2006

Jurgen,

>> AlchemyEngineUtility('tender','mysql:///root@localhost',echo=False)

>> z3c.zalchemy.metadata, autoload = True)
>>Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "<input>", line 1, in ?
>>   File "build\bdist.win32\egg\sqlalchemy\schema.py", line 138, in __call__
>>AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'reflecttable'
>>
>>If I try without the autoload argument, it doesn't claim anything
>>and gives me the prompt back
>Hm, I never tried this.
>Have you tried the same without zalchemy ?

Of course ! It's for SqlAlchemy to discover the fields of a table on its own !

Here it is !

 >>> from sqlalchemy import *
 >>> db = create_engine('mysql://root:speranza@localhost/tender')
 >>> metadata = BoundMetaData(db)
 >>> listaparti = Table('listaparti', metadata, autoload = True)
 >>> listaparti.columns.keys()
['childid', 'id', 'parentid', 'quantita', 'unitadimisura']

And it's so cute when you create a table like that and then you ask
for the columns list and you find them all there !
In my case the data base is already existing, I'm trying to provide
an alternative access to a database used by a php based framework !

What's missing, I think, is the BoundMetaData method from sqlalchemy

>>But I'd LOVE it to discover the tables on its own !

>>Was I right when I took the trunk one?
>You are right to take the trunk.

Ok, thanks.

I'll see if I am able to help you to introduce this functionality

Thanks SO much
Bye
Catonano