[Zope3-Users] A View combining graphics and HTML

thealx at poczta.onet.pl thealx at poczta.onet.pl
Thu Oct 19 07:08:06 EDT 2006

Hello, I need to display my content object (container of statistical data points) in a kind of "dual view":
 - Chart (PNG generated server-side)
 - Data table below the chart (i.e piece of HTML)

I'm currently planning to display this using the following design:
- Create a BrowserView returning HTML data table
- Create a BrowserView returning Chart (with image/png content type set)
- Create a ViewletManager containing two viewlets, one for HTML, one for Chart (each viewlet's render() calls one of above views)
- Create a master BrowserView which calls this ViewletManager.
Could you give me a hint if such a design will be reasonable and efficient for such purpose, or this problem may be solved in other (simpler) way?