[Zope3-Users] IAdding behaviour changed from 3.2 to 3.3

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Mon Oct 30 12:07:55 EST 2006

On Saturday 14 October 2006 06:50, Lorenzo Gil Sanchez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having problems with my Add Forms views (based in
> formlib.form.AddForm) in my transition from Zope 3.2 to Zope 3.3.
>
> In Zope 3.2 I registered my views like this:
>
> <page
>       for="zope.app.container.interfaces.IAdding"
>       name="addPerson.html"
>       class=".person.AddForm"
>       permission="zope.Public"
>       menu="zmi_views"
>       title="Add Person"
>       />

Well, the menu entry should not really be here; also adding it to zmi_views is
wrong. You want to use the "addMenuItem directive. However, this does not
explain that the menu item is showing up in the IPerson tabs.

> 1. If I don't add the directive <containerViews> to my container I get a
> NotFound exception when going to '/mycontainer/+/addPerson.html'. To fix
> this problem I have added this directive:
>
>   <view
>       name="+"
>       for="myapp.interfaces.IMyContainer"
>       class="zope.app.container.browser.adding.Adding"
>       permission="zope.ManageContent"
>       />

You should not need this, if you specify the "add" attribute in the
containerViews directive:

  <browser:containerViews
      for="zope.app.folder.interfaces.IFolder"
      contents="zope.ManageContent"
      index="zope.View"
      add="zope.ManageContent"
      />

> 2. When my add form is displayed in the Rotterdam skin I get an extra tab
> for every other contenttype I have a page registered like the example
> above. For example, I also have a Product content type and it has an
> AddForm like the Person AddForm. When I'm looking at
> '/mycontainer/+/addPerson.html' I got 4 tabs:
>
>   - Add (the one for adding the person)
>   - Add Product
>   - Introspection
>   - Registration

All that makes sense, since you are in the adding view and you registered a
zmi_views entry for IAdding. Just remove it, as I suggested above.