[Zope3-Users] Time for a Decimal field type in zope.schema?

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Fri Sep 1 09:40:04 EDT 2006

On Aug 31, 2006, at 9:56 PM, Darryl Cousins wrote:

> Hi Marius,
>
> Cheers. I don't have checkin rights so I'll leave it to you (or
> another)
> if it considered is worthwhile.

Darryl, your decimal field changes would be welcome, as would a
currency field.  Unfortunately, having one person check in another's
work in the Zope repository has legal complications, and in fact, in
this transition period to the ZF, only ZC has the right to check in
another's work.  Generally, it is /much/ better for a contributor to
check in his own work.

Would you be willing to become a contributor?  Until the ZF is in
full swing, the following procedure is still available and has the
least ambiguity (from http://www.zope.org/DevHome/Subversion/FrontPage):

"""
ContributorIntroduction (http://www.zope.org/DevHome/Subversion/
ContributorIntroduction) gives background information on the
approach. ContributorFAQ (http://www.zope.org/DevHome/Subversion/
ContributorFAQ) summarizes questions and answers. Finally, the Zope
Contributor Agreement (http://www.zope.org/DevHome/Subversion/
Contributor.pdf) is the legal agreement that gets signed and returned.
"""

For reference, once the ZF is in full swing, the relevant parallel
documents are here: http://www.zopefoundation.org/

Gary