[Zope3-Users] Zope3 PDF Searching and Indexing HOWTO

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 16:53:13 EDT 2006

On 9/1/06, Sreeram Raghav <raghav.sreeram at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since is Zope3 is still new and not much documentation exists on
> certain topic, i have decided to compile a small, HOWTO on the top of
> indexing and searching of PDF files in Zope3. I have been working on

Thanks for sharing!

More of the work needed to support indexing of various document types
has been done at this point.  It's worth trying out zope.mimetype +
zope.file + zc.index, all independent projects in the svn.zope.org
repository.

The indexing support is located in the zc.index package; it includes
support for PDF, RTF,  MS Word, OpenDocument, and plain text.

I don't know if anyone beyond ZC is using these packages at this time.
 We'd welcome comments and improvements.

  -Fred

"Every sin is the result of a collaboration." --Lucius Annaeus Seneca