[Zope3-Users] need help on

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Wed Sep 6 06:33:20 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 06 September 2006 05:32, Denis Shaposhnikov wrote:
> I'm thinking on how to use Zope3 for my task and need some help. I
> have a web application which have different look for different
> users. Every user need to authenticate and have a some type like an
> Administrator, Operator, SomeManager, Just-A-User and so on. For
> example my webapp have an URL like `http://server/mywebapp/`. So,
> after authentication every user see `http://server/mywebapp/`
> according his type.

You know that this violates the Web design as described by Fielding, right?
(Yeah, yeah, I just read this stuff carefully; very enlightening!)

> Could you give me advice or start point how to implement such behaviour
> in Zope3? The simplest way as I see is use different skins? But how to
> dynamically change the skin to user's type?

I think Albert's solution is okay, but I would also suggest that you should
consider redirecting to a different URL for each user. Those different URLs
could reflect the different skins.