[Zope3-Users] need help on skins

Albertas Agejevas alga at pov.lt
Wed Sep 6 07:57:52 EDT 2006

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 03:32:45PM +0400, Denis Shaposhnikov wrote:
> Could somebody explain me how to find such information by myself. The
> my main problem with Zope3 is that I don't known how Zope is working
> as whole. I mean, what happend and where. I know about ++apidoc++ but
> it seems no so usefull.

Isn't it the same with any complex engineering system?  What do you
need to do in order to be able to diagnose and fix problems in car
engines?  Read a book or two, dip your toes in by fixing something
simple, gradually increase the complexity and you'll be an expert in a
year or six.

It's the same with Zope 3: read a couple of books, write a simple app
of your own, read the lists, participate on the IRC channel, fix bugs
in the collector.  Read the source.

There might be shortcuts, but generally in order to gain experience
you need to, well, spend time on building experience.

Albertas