[Zope3-Users] principal annotation alternative?

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Wed Sep 6 17:21:45 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 06 September 2006 16:55, Hassan Alirezaei wrote:
> I have been trying to make a homepage that users can register and have
> their own pages which they can change their settings. I also want these
> setting to be adjustable by the site owner as well.
>
> I hear that I can not use Principal Annotations anymore because
> principals are not persistent in the new versions.
> I have been using ZOPE 3.2.1 .

Quite the contrary. Principal Annotations were particularly build for
non-persistent principals. Those annotations are not stored on a principal
object attribute, but on the site. So you are all good.

> could anyone please explain me the general Idea in short how this is
> possible. If there are any links to sample codes that would be even
> greater. I just want to know what I need and how I should put them
> together.

Setting up PAU programmatically is a bit tricky, because there are several
parts to it. You are best off reading everything in zope.app.authentication
and you might also want to have a look at z3c.configurator, which provides a
system to do additional site setup after the site is added.