[Zope3-Users] Conflicting configuration actions for protectName __setitem__

Rob Campbell rcampbell at pcwi.net
Tue Sep 19 18:35:16 EDT 2006

I know I read about this error somewhere before, but I haven't been able
to find anything through Google searches.  I have a container that also
has it's own attributes.  I am calling
zope.app.container.constraints.contains from IFosterRecord, is that what
is causing the __setitem__ problem?

Here is the traceback I have been getting:

zope.configuration.config.ConfigurationConflictError: Conflicting
configuration
actions
   For: ('protectName', <class 'rats.foster.FosterRecord'>, '__setitem__')
     File "/opt/zope/instance/lib/python/rats/configure.zcml", line
25.2-45.2
         <class class='.foster.FosterRecord'>
           <implements

interface='zope.app.container.interfaces.IContainerNamesContainer'
           />
           <require
             permission='zope.View'
             interface='zope.app.container.interfaces.IReadContainer'
           />
           <require
             permission='zope.ManageContent'
             interface='zope.app.container.interfaces.IWriteContainer'
           />
           <require
             permission='zope.View'
             interface='.interfaces.IFosterRecord'