[Zope3-Users] Re: Conflicting configuration actions for protectName __setitem__

Rob Campbell rcampbell at pcwi.net
Wed Sep 20 17:18:33 EDT 2006

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Rob Campbell wrote:
>> Ok, that's what I thought.  How can I fix the problem?
>
> What problem?
>
> (Yeah, I know, I could read your original post now but I think you'll be
> able to figure it out by youself now. You'll just have to work with the
> fact that contains() adds a __setitem__ declaration to your interface.)

The problem is that I am getting the following error when starting zope.

zope.configuration.config.ConfigurationConflictError: Conflicting
configuration
actions
    For: ('protectName', <class 'rats.foster.FosterRecord'>, '__setitem__')

In zcml I have require subdirectives for FosterRecord.  They set
permissions for
zope.app.container.interfaces.IReadContainer/IWriteContainer and
IFosterRecord, along with set_schema for IFosterRecord.

I started getting the errors when I added IReadContainer and
IWriteContainer.

Is the problem coming from contains() and a schema being in the same
interface?  Or am I doing something wrong in the zcml?  I'm very new to
zope, and this is my first attempt at using it.  I have your book, and
I'm looking forward to the new edition.

--
Rob Campbell