[Zope3-Users] filter possibilities

Ivan Horvath i.horvath at alco.co.hu
Thu Sep 28 04:51:30 EDT 2006

Dear Martijn,

thank you for your answer.

the query.Text (TextIndex) search is working now
but i miss the "query.NotText" - i mean to search for NOT a value
how this could be possible?

On 26/09/2006 at 16:32 Martijn Faassen wrote:

>Ivan Horvath wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> i have to provide some filter function in our system.
>> i've checked the hurry.query solution
>>
>> e.g.
>> obj1.property = "As Built Documentation"
>> obj2.property = "Planning Documentation"
>> obj3.property = "As Built Drawing"
>>
>> i would like to filter my objects in the following ways:
>> filter for substring.
>> when i make a filter for this property with the following expr.: "As
>Built"
>> i would like to get obj1, obj3 back as result
>>
>> how is it possible? query.Eq or AnyOf doesn't give back anything.
>
>You may want to look at hurry.query.Text. If you index something using a
>full text index (from zope.app.catalog.text import TextIndex) you can do
>such partial matching.
>
>This does presume you do have the intids and catalog all set up in your
>own code. Does hurry.query.Eq work when you feed it a complete text,
>such as "As Built Documentation"?
>
>It may also be that you want to reorganize your objects slightly so that
>you have *two* fields, one 'As Built' and one 'Document' or 'Drawing'.
>It could be that you're trying to put information into one field that
>really should be in multiple fields. If you do that, you can use the
>Field index and query.Eq.
>
>Good luck!
>
>Regards,
>
>Martijn

Best regards,
    Ivan Horvath
    Chief Programmer

 Alcatel ISD
 PMS 2000 Product Team

 H-1116, Budapest
 Kondorfa u. 10.
 Tel.: +36 1 209 9546
 Fax.: +36 1 209 9599
 Mobil: +36 30 257 0235
 VOIP: +49 511 676 478010
 i.horvath at alco.co.hu

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.

/Albert Einstein/