[Zope3-Users] Unit test problem - ImportError

Nordmann Arne arne.nordmann at uni-dortmund.de
Thu Sep 28 05:18:55 EDT 2006

Hi guys,

after reinstalling a zope server on a debian system (debian, python 2.4,
zope3.2) testing fails.

Calling

"python2.4 bin/test -vpu package"

out of the zope instance folder, I'm getting the following traceback:

"Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "bin/test", line 31, in ?

    from zope.app.tests import test

ImportError: cannot import name test"

I looked at /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/ and there _is_ a
directory "tests" with following content:

__init__.py

test_datetimeparse.py

test_decorator.py

test_standard_dates.py

test_tzinfo.py

That seems to be a directory _with tests_, not a package _for testing_.

There is another directory "testing". Is that the correct package for
unit testing? Perhaps a version conflict with upgrading python to
version 2.4?

I don't really want to mess around with bin/test without understanding
the code and the problem with line 31. Does anyone of you know that
problem or have an idea how to solve it?

Thanks for very hint.,

Arne