[Zope3-Users] Re: "So you've just downloaded Zope 3.3...."

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Thu Sep 28 20:16:48 EDT 2006

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

>> What happened to Tools? `zope.app.component.browser.tools`? I'm not
>> even sure what tools were,
>
> We weren't either ;) so we got rid of them.

 From the PSU Time Machine Black Box:

Philipp - Hey guys, what's this browser tool stuff?

Martijn - I don't know, isn't that something Tres invented?

Philipp - No, dude, this is in Zope 3

Martijn - Aha.

Philipp - Let's ask Jim. Jim?

Jim - Yeah?

Philipp - What is this browser.tool stuff?

Jim - We can probably get rid of that

Philipp - Okay, I'll refactor it out of zope.app, deprecate the ZML,
simplify it using a base class, have some sushi, bike across China and
write about it in my new book. It'll be great! :)

With apologies to Martijn and PSU.

Martin