[Zope3-Users] RFC 4122 UUIDs

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Wed Apr 4 13:21:58 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 04 April 2007 13:06, Derek Richardson wrote:
> I am hoping that Zope 3 assigns an RFC 4122 UUID to each content item.
> If not, I am hoping there is a third-party product to do this.

No there is neither. We have an intid utility that guarantees System-wide
unique ids. This utility is used at several places most notably the catalog.

> I would like RFC 4122 UUIDs to provide standard Atom feeds of Zope
> content [1].
>
> It will be better if Zope itself assigns UUIDs, so that there is a
> single source and not a possibility of multiple packages assigning
> different UUIDs to the same content item.

You have to write your own utility to generate the UUID. I checked the RFC
quickly and our IntIds are certainly not of the format requested by RFC 4122.