[Zope3-Users] Installing Zope / permissions ???

Tobias Daub hannes.flocke at gmx.li
Thu Apr 5 04:42:22 EDT 2007

Hello Everybody,

I'm new to Zope and I just wanted to install it on my providers
webserver (Goneo). So I logged in via ssh and did the things from the
README.txt.

./configure 	=> wenr OK Python 2.4.3 is installed on that machine

Because I don't have root privileges, I changed the installation path to
my home dir. The install procedure via "python2.4 install.py -q build"
went OK, too.

The test "python2.4 test.py -v" canceld with "no mem for new parser" a
nd ended in "MemoryError".

After that I tried to install it via python2.4 install.py -q install
--home "path" and I got the following:

Sorry: UnicodeError: ("\\N escapes not supported (can't load unicodedata
module)",)

Would be nice, if some can help me!

greatings
Tobias