[Zope3-Users] Utility Local to an Annotation?

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Fri Apr 27 07:31:41 EDT 2007

Derek Richardson-2 wrote:

> Benji York wrote:
>> Derek Richardson wrote:
>>> The specific case is uuids for atom feed entries. We have annotations
>>> representing feeds and I would like my uuid utility to be local to the
>>> feed annotation, thus recording and making available uuids only for
>>> entries in that feed.
>>
>> How about a multi-adapter from content and feed to UUID?
>
> Hmmm, to do that I have to be able to annotate an annotation, right? As
> the feed is an annotation and that is where I want to store the UUIDs. I
> tried this tonight and was unable to make it work - I got the following:

There's no reason why you can't mark an object that you fish out of an
annotation with IAttributeAnnotatable and then annotate that. However, this
feels suspiciously like you're asking the wrong kind question. :)

Can you explain (a) what you are trying to store (what is a "feed" in this
case? is it just feed-specific metadata? or an actual list of items rendered
to RDF?) and (b) what you need UUIDs for and (c) when you need to use the
UUIDS?

Martin