[Zope3-Users] Principally annotating InternalPrincipals at creation time

John Maddison maddisjohn at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 21:56:49 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm using a PrincipalFolder to store users who have signed up to a
site, and during signup I'd like to ask them for some more information
(email address, etc) and store   it in a principal annotation.
However, PrincipalFolders use IInternalPrincipals, which do not appear
to be easily converted to annotatable IPrincipals until after a user
has logged in, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to how I can store this
metadata at signup.  I guess I could log the user in and then ask for
the information on the next page, or store the information in the
session until the user is logged in and the IPrincipal easily
available, but I get the feeling I'm missing something simple - this
seems like something people would often want.  So, are people doing
this, and if so, how?

Thanks!