[Zope3-Users] z3c.form, applyChanges, IModifiedEvent

Darryl Cousins darryl at darrylcousins.net.nz
Sun Aug 12 17:31:28 EDT 2007

Hi,

Following a post on grok-dev I learnt about additional arguments to
ModifiedEvent.

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/grok-dev/2007-August/001807.html

By changing z3c.form.form.applyChanges to return a dictionary of
interfaces and names of the attributes changed (instead of the current
bool value) then I can easily create the correct additional attributes
within the applyChanges method of EditForm:

def applyChanges(form, content, data):
    changes = {}
    for name, field in form.fields.items():
        # If the field is not in the data, then go on to the next one
        if name not in data:
            continue
        # Get the datamanager and get the original value
        dm = zope.component.getMultiAdapter(
            (content, field.field), IDataManager)
        oldValue = dm.get()
        # Only update the data, if it is different
        if dm.get() != data[name]:
            dm.set(data[name])
            # get the interface and collect changed attribute names
            changes.setdefault(dm.field.interface, []).append(name)
    return changes

class EditForm(Form):

    def applyChanges(self, data):
       content = self.getContent()
       changes = applyChanges(self, content, data)
       if changes: # testing a dict as a bool is prone to error???
           descriptions = []
           for interface, names in changes.items():
               descriptions.append(zope.lifecycleevent.Attributes(interface,
                                                                    *names))
           zope.event.notify(
                zope.lifecycleevent.ObjectModifiedEvent(content, *descriptions))
       return changes

Hopefully pypi will be back up again later today so I can do a fresh
build of z3c.form and run the tests with my changes as set out above.

Best regards,
Darryl Cousins