[Zope3-Users] z3c.form - how to raise/create an error in an action?

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Mon Aug 13 13:42:51 EDT 2007

On Monday 13 August 2007 12:02, Hermann Himmelbauer wrote:
> I have a case where an error may occur in the form-action method (z3c.form,
> not formlib!), e.g. when data is not found in my database. I'd then like to
> output this error, similar when a widget error occurs. Moreover there are
> two simple cases:
>
> 1) Errors that are related to a widget (hence the error should be shown
> along with the widget)
> 2) Errors which are unrelated to the widget (like an Invariant).

Hi Hermann,

could you elaborate a little bit more? I think a step-by-step description of
how *you* envision it to work would be great as well as a very specific use
case of what you are trying to do.

My initial reaction is: This really needs to be supported by the API. Once I
have more details, I will either implement an API for this or give you a
response on how to do it in your code.