[Zope3-Users] formlib vs z3c.form

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Thu Dec 6 16:04:49 EST 2007

Chris Withers a écrit :
> Chris Withers wrote:
>> I need "something like" formlib so want to give it a spin.
>>
>> Is there a good how-to or example anywhere?
>
> Kapil rightly pointed out off-list that z3c.form is the latest and
> greatest.
>
> Which one is "best" and where do I go for docs/examples?

The main doc is the doctest, you can read it just here:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/z3c.form

The second doc is the code of z3c.formdemo.
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/z3c.formdemo

you will also find some interesting informations here:
http://pcardune.blogspot.com/2007/05/using-z3c-pagelettemplatelayout.html
http://www.lovelysystems.com/srichter/2006/09/20/the-skin-browser-and-lovely-systems-new-development-workflow/

But the most interesting source of information is the archive of this list. It's
best if you have it localy, otherwise:
http://www.mail-archive.com/search?q=z3c.form&l=zope3-users%40zope.org

If you carefully read all the previous questions asked about z3c.form on the
list, you will first save an afternoon discovering why you need to derive
IFormLayer in your skin, then another afternoon discovering how to implement an
Add SubForm, and probably many others :)

I personnally suggest you to try z3c.form alone first, without any other z3c
package. It will progressively help you understand why others are extremely
useful (though not mandatory), such as z3c.formui, z3c.layer, and others.

Christophe