[Zope3-Users] z3c.form: ListWidget, ObjectWidget, and subform

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Fri Dec 7 12:46:46 EST 2007

Christophe Combelles a écrit :
> Hi,

Some answers and some other questions:

> z3c.form looks very well thought and extremely customizable, but I find
> it complicated for some common and simple cases. Does someone have any
> simple example apart from z3c.formdemo, to get the same result as the
> ListSequenceWidget and the ObjectWidget in the formlib?
>
> 1- The first thing I'm trying to create is a form for a
> List(value_type=TextLine) field.

I've seen that Markus L. has tried to do such a thing 3 months ago. Did you
finally succeed? I'm sure this not complicated for someone who has read the
documentation a hundred times during a full week (which is exactly what I'm
trying to do...)

> 2- Then I'm trying to create a form for a single Object field. I've
> understood that this case should be handled by a subform. So I could
> create such a thing by using a template for the main form, and a
> subtemplate for the subform. But then, I've begun using z3c.formui to
> have a better template for the main form, but now how do I display the
> subform in the div-based formui template?

I'm also understanding that a subform template is not very different from a form
template, and I'm wondering whether this would be possible for the div-form.pt
or table-form.pt to be used as a subform by omitting the <form> tag with some
conditional tal:omit-tag?

> The real final thing I'm trying to do is just a form for a
> List(value_type=Object(schema=IStuff),
> with IStuff being just  made of 3 TextLine fields.
> Doing this is quite easy with the formlib, or maybe I got used to it,
> but I'd really like to be able to do all the same things with z3c.form

For this part I've found a sequence widget in z3c.widget, but I still have to
make it work.