[Zope3-Users] buildout and egg depedencies

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Tue Dec 11 13:37:33 EST 2007

Jim Fulton a écrit :
(...)
>> issues, but again I find myself fighting against my natural instincts.
>> Where's some end user documentation?
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.buildout
> http://us.pycon.org/common/talkdata/PyCon2007/116/buildout.pdf

I've started learning buildout 3 weeks ago and I've found this document (the
latter) extremely useful, because it is not a low-level reference but rather a
30000-feets view with opinions, some examples, some ideas, and it explains the
'why' and the 'when'. It has helped me understanding buildout quickly, to the
point of using it for production on small projects. And I'm now saving lots of
time installing preview and final versions.
Temporarily switching final eggs to develop-eggs to quickly fix some bug is
another interesting idea suggested by this document and it will eventually help
improving zope because it makes it so easy to test and commit even a minor issue
in a particular environment, without interfering with anything else.
Btw, I've started a translation of this tutorial, and I was suddenly wondering
what was its license? (I didn't find a mention)

Christophe